Analyze your Asset – Why Invest in Sweden
Sweden is the third-largest country in the European Union in terms of area and population of about 10 million people. The system of government in Sweden is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system and a developed economy. It also ranks first in the world in the Economist index of democracy and seventh in the United Nations human development index.
Sweden became a member of the European Union in 1995 and is also a member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
Sweden has a mixed economy oriented towards export as it is characterized by a modern distribution system and good internal and external relations and an abundant skilled workforce. Within Sweden, while agriculture accounts for only 2% of the GDP and employment. And telecommunications, the automotive industry, and the pharmaceutical industry occupy great importance in Sweden’s economy.
The Swedish economy is characterized by a large manufacturing sector, based on science and knowledge, an export-oriented sector. And the public services sector is large and work is carried out according to international standards, as large economic organizations dominate the Swedish economy.
The gross domestic product in Sweden ranks ninth in the world, due to the rapid growth, especially in the field of manufacturing industries.
The Swedish Central Bank is one of the oldest central banks in the world. The level of inflation in Sweden is very low, which makes it a fertile environment for investment.
Important economic factors that make Sweden at the forefront of countries attracting investment
- Sweden is distinguished by the fact that the value of its exports exceeds the value of its imports.
- Sweden is also a member of the European Common Market.
- Forests constitute an important economic resource for Sweden, accounting for about 45% of Sweden’s export volume.
- Sweden has achieved self-sufficiency in the field of basic foodstuffs.
- Sweden has many ports to ship goods, and the government has a good rail network.
- Swedish law guarantees freedom of the press and the prevention of government censorship even in times of war.
- The industry represents an important aspect of the economy in Sweden, where there are factories for aircraft engines and diesel engines, and there are many car factories, which export about half of their cars to the United States of America.
- Some areas in Sweden specializing in shipbuilding and equipment used in energy supplies, telecommunications, and telephones. In 1844 Sweden invented the Safety matches and Sweden remains one of the largest producers in the world.
- Dairy farms, animal husbandry, and livestock are the main sources of income for farmers in Sweden.
- Sweden possesses part of the richest deposits of iron ore in the world, as there are mines for iron ore, from which iron is extracted with high quality, and there are also copper ores, gold, lead, and silver.
- Sweden exports vast quantities of paper products. And also imports many types of transport equipment, electrical machinery and chemicals and also exports from them with the same percentage of imports.